Alpharetta Georgia: There have been a series of home invasions in the Atlanta area in recent months which has led police departments to tell homeowners to be vigilant and protect their families against the possibilities of robberies and home invasions. The latest home invasion in Alpharetta occurred on November 23rd, at 8:00 pm on Park Glen Drive ion Alpharetta. The homeowner said that he came home from a movie with his young son and the family of four was sitting down to dinner. They were confronted by three armed men who had entered their home through the basement. The armed men ordered the family into the master bedroom. All of the suspects wore face masks, hoodies, and gloves. They tied up several family members and then rummaged through the house stealing numerous items of value including valuable jewelry. Obviously the family was terrified by the episode.
When we spoke to Brant Henke, President of Norcross based American Guardian, he offered the following tips for discouraging home invaders. Brant related: “Almost always home invaders will seek soft, easy targets. Consequently you want to make your home a hard target.
Here are some tips to do just that:
- First keep your garage doors shut and locked at all times
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle at any time and do not leave valuables or electronics in plain view through an open window.
- Keep the doors of your home locked with dead bolt at all times even during the day when you are home.
- Use blinds or drapes in your home.
- Install a monitored security system in your home that has a hostage code feature. This will be extremely important in the event of a home invasion.
- Display at least one preferably two security yard signs prominently at your home. A security sign will deter 75% of all would be burglars and home invaders.
- Keep your security system armed at all times.
- Ask your neighbors to keep an eye out for suspicious activity around your home.
- Finally, if you observe a suspicious person or vehicle within your neighborhood call the police to report the activity immediately.
Protect Your Family, don’t be an easy target. For the best monitoring quality at the incredibly low rate of only $12.00 per month call American Guardian at (770) 446-9577 and check out all of their other product offerings at www.atlanta-security-systems.com.
American Guardian was founded in 1985 and is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.