Holiday Home Safety Tips
1. If you have not already done so, install a quality home security system that will be monitored 24/7. Also make sure that you prominently display the security yard sign in the front of your home. Studies show that the yard sign alone will deter 76% of all would be intruders. Most burglars prefer a soft target with no yard sign.
2.)Shorten the delay of your security system on the entry/exit door from 30 seconds to 10 seconds if you plan to be away for the holidays. Doing this will ensure that your alarm siren will be triggered much quicker in the event of a break in. Most burglars will run away at the first sound of your siren.
3. Install motion activated flood lights on the outside of your home to deter vandalism and potential home intruders.
4. Consider installing quality outdoor motion activated cameras with two way voice capability on the outside of your home so that you can see and talk to trespassers and potential home intruders before they break in to your home. Receive alerts to your smartphone when trespassers are detected
5. Purchase and install one of the many quality video doorbells with two way voice capability. Look for ones that don’t charge a monthly storage fee and ones that don’t have a reputation for hacking. Some of the quality ones are the ADT Video Doorbell and the Honeywell Skybell.
6. Make sure you test your home security system frequently and certainly before the holidays to make sure that it is communicating with your security company’s monitoring station properly. Things happen: lightning strikes, power surges, cell tower outages, etc. Make sure that your home security system will work when you really need it. The lives of your family members may depend on it.
7.)Harden your home’s defenses with quality deadbolts. Also install steel plate on your dead bolt strike plates so your doors may not be kicked in.
8. Never disclose your residence address on social media.
9. Never disclose your holiday plans on social media.
10. Never disclose your holiday plans with strangers
11. If you are planning to be out of town for a few days over the holidays have your mail and newspaper deliveries stopped.
12. Make sure that all hedges and shrubbery in your flower beds are trimmed below the bottom edges of your windows so that burglars can’t hide behind shrubbery to break into a window and gain access to your home unobserved.
American Guardian, founded in 1985, is locally owned company based in Norcross/Peachtree Corners Georgia.
American Guardian is also an accredited member of the Atlanta Better Bureau with an A+ rating and zero, customer complaint ratio at this time.
American Guardian is also Georgia’ oldest and most respected ADT Authorized Dealer. They have been representing ADT Security here in Georgia for over 25 years now winning numerous awards for stellar customer service.
American Guardian offers extremely low month to month rates as well as bundled package offers for home security systems.
For more information on American Guardian visit their website at: https://americanguardian.com.
For the best prices on Atlanta home security systems, Norcross home security systems and Marietta home security systems call American Guardian at (770) 446-9577.
American Guardian: Superior Products, Unparalleled Service.