Alpharetta, GA – An Alpharetta man who was among those arrested following the riot at the U.S. Capitol Wednesday has killed himself, according to the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Christopher Georgia, 53, died Saturday from a gunshot wound to his chest, said M. Ruffin, an investigator for the office.
Mr. Georgia’s body was found in the basement of a home in a subdivision near Brierfield and Mid Broadwell roads, Alpharetta police records show. Police found two rifles at the home.
Metropolitan Police in Washington, D.C. arrested Georgia Wednesday evening and charged him with “unlawful entry of public property” and violating the city’s 6 p.m. curfew in connection with last week’s storming of the Capitol.
He pleaded not guilty Thursday, D.C. Superior Court records show, and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported his involvement in Friday’s editions.
His attorney, Marnitta King, declined to comment. His family also did not respond to request for comment.
Mr. Georgia was among several Peach State residents who traveled to Washington on Wednesday. Online sleuths have identified Savannah QAnon adherent Dominic Box, Americus lawyer McCall Calhoun and former Georgia resident Eric Munchel as among the hundreds who breached the U.S. Capitol.
In these turbulent and uncertain times law enforcement authorities have warned business owners and residents to take prudent precautions to protect their businesses, employees, homes and family members from burglary and violent crimes. Don’t become a crime statistic.
Protect your home and business from costly burglaries that are on the rise during this pandemic. Ask us about cameras that use video analytics and facial recognition. Our new, latest generation cameras are high definition and they have two way voice capability that allows you to see and talk to the burglar over your smart phone. They are also motion activated and send you text messages when they detect intruder or trespasser activity.
Protect your business and family now with a state of the art security system from American Guardian.
Call (770) 446-9577 for a free individualized security quote from our professionals.
Mention this Blog and receive a free video doorbell with activation of your ADT Command system through American Guardian. Certain conditions apply. Call for details.
- American Guardian, founded in 1985, is a locally owned company based in Norcross/Peachtree Corners Georgia.
- American Guardian is also an accredited member of the Atlanta Better Bureau with an A+ rating and a zero customer complaint history at this time.
- American Guardian is also Georgia’ oldest and most respected ADT Authorized Dealer. They have been representing ADT Security here in Georgia for over 25 years now winning numerous awards for stellar customer service.
- American Guardian offers extremely low month to month rates as well as bundled package offers for home security systems where upfront equipment prices are waived.
- For more information on American Guardian visit their website at: www.americanguardian.com.
- For the best prices on Atlanta home security systems, Norcross home security systems, Peachtree Corners home security systems and Marietta home security systems call American Guardian at (770) 446-9577.
American Guardian: Superior Products, Unparalleled Service.